Saturday, May 23, 2009

Diary-23/05/2009

Today is Saturday, still have to work......

Anyway since this is Saturday, so I don't have to set off earlier, since there won't be any traffic jam on road (according to others). So, I end up wake up a bit late, actually also late for 30minutes, and have time to eat breakfast with Han Lyn. After that I go to work.

Reach site with finally using the correct road (first time correct after 4 days). Glad to see Eugene is back to work from his MC. Followed Ah Keong go do marking at site (I still poor at recognize the building structure and map, need to work hard on that later). Have lunch with my manager Mr. To (free meal again, feel a bit shy). Have some chats with him, he is a really capable person. Anyway he still think this field is not suitable for me, I have to work much more harder to prove to him.

Eventually, inside site, the communication style is totally different with the world that I have been living for so many years. Instantly, when you meet a person, you have to communicate with him as if he is your old good friend. There are no words like shy, "paiseh", at here. I am still quite weak at this field, need to overcome my mindset.

After lunch, I follow To go site walk with Mr. Chin, one of the coordinator of M&E. M&E are those parts including cold and hot water piping, sanitary piping, electrical, air con system, etc. I am working for those cold and hot water and sanitary piping. Once a big man from main con or developer want to go around (so call site walk), all sub con representative (usually M&E are all sub con out) have to follow them go around. Anyway, the site walk consume a lot of time, almost 3 hours. Again, To shows great attitude. For all the problem being discovered during site walk, he don't even mention or care about how the problem occured. Means he no blame or scold anyone, but straight away think of solution to solve all those problems. (How long am I going to be like that, there are mountains to climb......)

After site walk then I go back home. Actually I just have to work half day for Saturday, but end up reach home at 6pm.

Here is another story that I want to share here, it is about Han Lyn's house owner. Initially when i came, she welcomed me. Then she allowed me to temporary stay at her house. She want me to stay there sharing room with Han Lyn till September until got empty room. But after I travel to my site, I found out that it is really far for me to travel from there to workplace (30km just to travel to site, means I everyday have to drive for 60km, and pay Rm5.20 tol). When she start to understand that I am not staying there, she start to move my thing around. When I start work, everyday when I reach back home I already exhausted. Which means, I don't have time to look for new places to stay at weekdays. Then at today, when I reach home, she change her statement from "you can actually share room with Han Lyn untill September (Han Lyn room is pretty small, is actually very pack if I sleep together inside)" into "I think you should move away at Sunday, here is too pack for too many people". Not really feeling upset actually, since reality is always like that. Also is my mistake, since believe in something not practical at the starting stage. But a bit frustrated actually. I got a few methods of solution. One is temporary live at other people house, and find slowly for a room to let. This is the alternate and moderate solution, but I don't want to trouble myself to move all my stuffs to one house, then after a short period of times move away again. It is also quite miserable to stay with friends' family. Not really want to think about it. Another solution is rent condo room at my old best friend, Lam Thow Kong's condo. This might be the fastest solution, but if I am going to live here, then I have to pay at least RM500 per month just for accommodation (rooms with full furnished, since I so need washing machince, and need rent parking slot somemore here). RM500 is such a big amount of money to me actually. Another way is give up condo, just find a normal house room with RM300++. Why I want a good room? Well, I work at a very bad condition site, great pressure, somehow I hope I can gain some kind of comfort when reach home. RM 300 might bring risk that I will become more tempered when reach home. And does my physical and mental comfort really worth RM500. Another decision have to be make, and in a short period of time.

My weekend......

One fun fact that I recognize today. Somehow I feel Eugene seems familiar. After scratching my head for a few minutes, I realize why I think so. This is because his voice, is total similar/same with Yi Jin's voice.

2 comments:

  1. It's a new things to go thru in working world. Ah beng, perhaps you could go sing K with friends to have your weekend spend better? Hanlyn is getting Shell, so perhaps you could take over his room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He said he will try to complete his work here before he go to shell. Besides, I not really like the house owner after this incident. Anyway, thanks for concern.
    Anyway I not really have legs to sing k here at weekends. Perhaps will try after settle everything here.

    ReplyDelete