Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Diary-18/05/2009

An important day for my life, a memorable day, since this is the official date for my first ever permanent engineering work!!!

Let's have a brief introduction on my work. I work as a project engineer in a company name Qudotech based at Subang USJ 20. It basically involves jobs of sub-con in plumbing (piping) systems. So actually i have been assigned to site in Mont Kiara. My salary is RM2k + Rm300 allowance. I am driving my house old Wira, and temporary living with my coursemate Lai Han Lyn at USJ 2, just opposite Summit Shopping Mall.

First day i set off to work, managed to reach my office before 9am. I entered my office, grab the offer letter, then meet my dear project director, Mr. Chee. I respect him a lot (a bit scare also), he show me that this world still have good engineer. He ask me to have a look on the drawings of Mont Kiara site.
Here come the first challenge... Once open the paper, that one is totally a civil drawing!!! Doesn't mean any offence, but somehow, the technical drawing that I come true are only simple machine components drawing. Look at those civil drawing, the first 30minutes, i totally have no idea at all on what is it all about. I ask dear Chee, he told me if got any problem then can ask him. (I really don't dare ask him too simple and comment sense question, but end up i ask him whether a door symbol is a door or not......) . It is really a start from zero job. He ask me to generate the view of the building through the drawings, if not i might lost in the site. He also ask me whether I got good sense of direction or not... (this is a very hard and subjective question for me to answer, I not really like direction...)

Eventually, Mr Chee is my project director. Then my company director, Mr David Tan is my boss. He ask me to enter his room to give me some introduction talks. He told me that I should have posistive on attitude, effort, ability. There is always price to pay to success. I am quite impressed actually, and he really is a good motivator. Somehow he told me that I should read English newspaper everyday, that's one of the reason why I am writing an English blog and start to buy The Star everyday (got read or not is another matter though).

Later, I have lunch with Chee, our company secretary Tiffany, accountant Miss Tan, and another same age fresh graduate mechanical female name Meavis (first time see this name, when i heard I thought is Mary). Quite embarassing somehow, I really don't know how to communicate like I usual did, especially sometimes they speak english, sometimes cantonese, and i feel a bit weird since all of them talk to me in english... (hard to tell jokes and express myself in english......)

After eat, continue with my work!!! Surprisingly, I don't feel tired at all, eventhough whole day just stare at the 50pages++ drawings. Somehow with helps from others I start to understand the drawings. A quite big and complicated buildings though, and most of the time I am just looking at toilets and bathrooms...... (don't ask me why, just think that there will be my working place later).

No comments:

Post a Comment